Wednesday, August 11, 2010

August 11, 2006 - A World Wind Day.....

Late last night we got a call from our facilitator that said we could go and sign papers. These are the same papers that we were told we would sign as soon as we got off the plane. I really thought it was just another formality so we could gain custody and get a G&R.
At 10am we headed out to the Ministry of Justice with the other Adoptive family that is here. It was very serious and we got rushed to this window and our facilitator and her helper run from this window to that window. Then they left me up at the counter by myself and all I could do was smile at the lady behind the counter. Then the facilitator came over to me and goes, when we leave her you get custody of your baby at the orphanage. I was stunned, I didn't know that this was the paperwork I was signing. No one had ever said until that moment that was what I signed........OH MY GOODNESS, I get to bring my daughter back with me to the hotel!!

We headed to the orphanage at 1pm so we could go get Keere and meet the Director. She is a very nice women and cares greatly for the children. We signed more paperwork and then they ushered us up to Keere's room. One of her Nannies handed her to me and I think Keere knew she was getting to go home with me because she smiled and giggled. We took a few last pictures of her room, a group picture with the few Nannies that were there and then we were told we had to leave right then. So off we headed to our taxi. Keere wasn't too sure about the taxi ride, she sat there with her eyes wide open taken it all in. About half way into the trip she feel asleep for a short time in my arms.
We are so happy that she is back with us at the hotel where we can give her lots of kisses and attention. Now we just need that G&R date.

No comments:

Post a Comment