Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August 31, 2006 - Seoul to Atlanta

When we arrived in Seoul it was a little after 6am their time, we were so tired. Mom said she would watch Keere while I caught a catnap since I didn't sleep a wink on the flight from Hanoi. They weren't the most comfy set of chairs to lay on but I was out almost as soon as my head touched the seats. Keere also decided to catch a nap while we waited to board our flight which was a little more than 3 hour layover. When she woke up she was happy as can be. The 14 hour flight went ok, again we were given bulkhead seats and Keere got her bassinet. Keere was great on the flight with only about 3 occasions when she got upset and that was because the Stewardess woke her up from her deep sleep because of turbulence or they were serving food. The one Stewardess was so sorry that she woke her up and offered to take her. So the Stewardess picked her up and was going to walk with her, well I don't even think she had her for 30 seconds, when she walked back and placed Keere back in our arms and goes "She's really mad and tired". But even so those 3 times only lasted maybe 5-8 minutes before she was able to settle down.
We were so happy to arrive in Atlanta. We passed through Passport control and headed downstairs to claim our baggage so we could breeze though Customs. As we were headed towards the recheck baggage area which is Aisle 1, they noticed that I had Keere's brown envelope in hand and directed all of us to Aisle 2. We handed in the paperwork and took a seat. About 10 minutes later they called me up to the desk, again they asked about Corruption in the adoptions coming from there. I told him "Nope everything went great" and he seemed happy with my answers. He then goes as "soon as I stamp this, it makes Keere legal in the eyes of the US Government." WHOO HOO!!! I wish I could have gotten a picture of her feet touching the ground as soon as we landed since the minute she landed she became an American Citizen but she was asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment