Sunday, August 29, 2010

August 29, 2006 - Visa Interview

We arrived at the US Embassy about 15 minutes before our scheduled appt. We sat in the big room by ourselves for quite awhile before other families started to come in, some where there to pick up their Visa's, the rest were there for interviews just like us. My first stop was the cashier because of course nothing is free. I paid our fees and off we went into the interview. The interview was alot different than the one we had on Friday. I answered the questions and finally he seemed satisfied and couldn't think of any other questions to ask. He goes "your approved" and said he hoped her Visa would be ready by tomorrow. I told him, "I really hope it will since our flight out is tomorrow night". He then joked about how all of us families really push it with our flights home being right after we pick up our Visas. I told him that's because we all wanted to get back to Good Ole' America.
Then we headed back to the Hotel, where we decided to find the market since Keere was in need of some diapers. Now everyone said take a left, than a left, than a left. So that's what Mom and I did. We got to the first street and turned Left, got to walk by the giant Soccer Stadium, we then got to the next street and turned Left yet again, we walked by all kinds of street restaurants. We then got to our next street so we turned Left again and it led us down a street with all kind of welding shops that were making fences, stair rails, some really beautiful stuff. But still no 4 story market and with the last left we ended up back at our hotel. Mom decided we were going to try this again while Keere and I decided to protest the decision. So Mom says "If we don't find it in the first block we will go back to the hotel." Still Keere and I weren't thrilled with the decision but we went along with it. So Keere and I decided to park ourselves on the sidewalk looking at the flowers and bushes, while Mom went and asked the armed guards where the Market was. Well Lo and Behold it was literally on the otherside of the fence. Had we not asked we would have walked by it yet again. This is also the building we see when we look out of our hotel window. So we got what we needed and stopped for some ice cream to try and cool down. Well Keere was so hot I thought maybe she would like something cool on her lips so I let her take a taste of my fruit popsicle. After that, Mommy only got a few bites, Keere loved it. Didn't quite get the grasp of not using her hands. And I have to say she was quite upset when it was all gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment